My Journey with Harry Potter series - J.K. Rowling...


Books have always been my passion!!

[THIS COLLAGE (THE PICTURE) WAS CREATED BY ME..!!]

Before I came across Harry Potter series, I had already finished with Enid Blyton's - many books, along with secret seven, etc. I had started with the Nancy Drew series.

Well, I first heard of Harry Potter from my cousin, when I was 14 years old. My first thought was - What is this now ??...who Harry ? who Hermione ?? what Voldemort ?? [I mean Harry, Ron, Hermione are okay but what parent would name their child - Voldemort (Tom Riddle thing was not known then), Hagrid, Dumbledore, the list is never-ending] on the other hand.. she (my cousin) was all so excited, and recounted the whole first part to me... I was amazed plus amused, that how could someone be so excited and feel so much for a book and its characters? I mean, hang on.. its juz a book/ a novel/ a story.
When i returned home, Harry Potter was much forgotten and what remained was a strange name Voldemort. Because i just knew that this strange name had two other stranger names - You-Know-Who & He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named- now this was something, later on i used to think why the hell did he go all the way, with much difficulty, changed his name - when it had not to be named only. HAha.
Well, I never read it (with most of my mates & 2 cousins going alll mad for it) before the first part (movie) came out. Oh! a great experience. A window opened somewhere to a whole new world of Witchcraft and wizardry. With all those magical-witchy-wizzy jargon to remember, i regretten not reading the book, or not even showing the slightest of inclination. phew.

Here begins my journey with the books and the movies..!!!!!

As, i said i saw the movie first, so could not understand my friends' and cousins' sadness - that many scenes had not been used..blah..blah..
Now that i started ..thereon even i used to be the one to say-- "hey i luved that part" **sniff**sniff** (which obviously had been edited).
Just like me , my parents cannot understand my passion for Harry Potter- when i was talkin about gettin the new 7th part my father was all into - "WHAT.!! you are not a kid!".- "hey but i was, when i had started with it and its not my fault that m growing up and i am juz 21" ( i would have kept reading it even if the series kept coming and i had grown old).
My mom is like - "How many times do you have to read the same book over and over again?"
"mom i know, and m sad that u cannot understand. phew."

These days my first concern - how would the sixth and seventh part turn out to be ( as a movie. phew.). I just hope they do justice with it. The seventh is huge how would they even fit it all - the worst part- they will have to cut- and " hey its all so relevant.!"

J.K. Rowling is a great writer. She just rocks. And, i am not at all embarrassed in showing my affection for her and the book. I just never wanted it to finish but yeah i know it had to. Great job.
She knew what she was doing. Great homework- i mean no loose ends have been there. could you have related the 'Mirror of the Erised' scene in the first part, Dumbledore answering Harry - " i see myself an old man, holding a sock." to all the answers coming up in the 7th part - what he actually would have seen. And , Snape - oh! i had always known it.. yipee..i knew he was sooooo goooooddd..!!!! 1000000.. cheers to him.

And, yes..!! Cheers and applauses for J.K. Rowling, that she could portray the world of 'witchcraft and wizardry' in such a good light. So, that no Lily Evans ever gets offended on being called a witch..!! ;)

Comments

Anonymous said…
I loved the pic you know that!
I have not yet read 7th!! I have to get it!
And I am not worried about the movie, I always thought a movie could not be as good as the book!! However there are a hell lot of examples of great movies of great books :D
We will see, I will never be too old to read or see Harry Potter!!
KP said…
well....I dont read too many books...but one i just finished is "An Autobiography: The Story of My Experiments With Truth by Mahatma Gandhi" i am sure u have heard about him...but some of his experiences shared by him really something to learn.....;) the only thing i can share about this....
иidhi S said…
hey thanks veena

yup i knw a book is always better coz it has so much t say but then movie ppl they juz have a 2 hr or smthin time limit and they have to fit in a hell of 800+ pages into it. :p
иidhi S said…
yeah obviously KP who in India doesnt knw him..well i havnt read the book though..
Anonymous said…
bolo JK Rowling zindabad ! :D
Lucifer said…
ooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh me loves HP too...JK Rowling rocks no doubt!!!

but the movies suck!!!

awesome collage btw!!
иidhi S said…
thanku mayank :))

Popular Posts