"Taare Zameen Par" - this one will leave u cerebrating...


A great work - a good concept - an idea that would take you back to your own school days.

First, about the movie.
The movie is just too good, with a great concept.
All close ups detailing emotions. the child actor Darsheel Safari had done a great job as the protagonist. Amir khan, as always is good - the true to heart perfectionist. A very good treatment to a good script.
The story revolves around Ishan (Darsheel) who has problems in studying and with ever increasing complaints from the school father sends him to boarding, to set him right ( he thinks discipline will do it to him). In the course its revealed that the child is suffering with dyslexia. The teachers who never cared to understand him and with ongoing parental pressure he is about to be crushed, but then comes a new teacher, Ram (who else Amir) and changes the world to him.
The movie plays with childhood innocence and emotions and sees the world through the eyes of a child.
The songs are great too (Shankar-Ehsan-Loy). The movie will make you cry - never ending sea of memories will flood your minds.

But, I think its not just a story of a child suffering from a problem - Its about each one of us.
In the schools teachers (not each and every) paying attention only to the best students and the rest average or below average being considered waste of space, getting humiliated instead of some help or extra attention they needed - i don't know how many ishaan awasthi's are crushed everyday in some school or the other. And with expectations getting higher with every child, people still wish their children to follow the stereotypical career - Engineer, Doctor or an Mba.
A child's worst enemy is peer/parental pressure. Not every child can be a topper.
Comparing a child is blatantly ignoring his/her specialty.
Every child is special and has a potential, but, that may be in a different field - instead of finding faults, why not try finding out his specialties. Why not try building up his confidence by telling him - he is good. Because the child becomes, what you tell him he is. so next time think it over before you say anything to him. This time round try passing some positive energies towards him - you will see a difference! may be not immediate, but, Yes, you will.
Everyone needs people around him/ her to tell him/her that he/she is special, is good in his/her own right.

And to think about it, i too have got similar experiences. Being an average student, i too used to be the center of attention of the teachers. My favorite subjects used to be - English, history, S.U.P.W, art, library period (i am a book buff- i am too passionate about books, they are my window to a whole new world) and games period (lol). It was in 5th standard that science too came into that list. This was because of a new science teacher - Ms. Meenu Rahman. Oh! she was too good, beautiful , sweet and a teacher in the real sense - who never discouraged anyone . It was, she who brought my interest into science - and told me that it was nothing to worry about. She remained in the school for something around 1 and a half year. The last time i heard about her, just an year later, was about her death. Believe me, it was a blow. I can never ever forget her she was, and still remains my favorite teacher. Who always took extra care of me. WHY CAN'T WE HAVE MORE PEOPLE LIKE HER...!!!

Comments

Anonymous said…
I jus take this moment to tell u , that in ways u don't know u r truely special! u make a BIG, HUGE part of my life! where I loved , hated, kicked u around!

and u r notorious!! seriously ease a lil !!

and I was sure goign to see the movie! now I am more than ever determined to see it.. I lov the kid in the movie.. he is jus so cute!! i lov the effect that he has on me!! i am all "smiles" when i see HIM
and yp Aamir, I am a HUGE fan!!
btw did u see our nxt shuppper shtaar??no? its none other than Shoiab Akhtar!! LOL , sw him jus now on sme TV program! all the 32 out and sining!! can u believe it?
Anonymous said…
typo error ( i do loads of that of course) Shoaib was singing, and Shekhar Suman and him pulling each others shaking legs really; LOL
иidhi S said…
hey read it full....it was incomplete
galti se publish ho gaya tha
i have added more to it and harry waale me bhi i have added 3 more line.
Anonymous said…
I didn't know Meenu Mam ; too bad to hear that more students could never be in hervicinity to know her charm!!
I think I used to like Sr. Jovit athe most!
I think my lov for books and reading and writing was budded by her! I wish you cud get her contact info yaar!! I will be soo very grateful to yu!
really!
иidhi S said…
yeah sr. jovita was gr8 too...but she taught us juz fr 2 months b4 the summer holidays...one year dats it...so dint have much to talk abt her.
Nitin said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Popular Posts