A trampled Flower...!!!


I read this Post on Calm Frenzies' Blog, and it took me back to a fragment of someone else's life. It happend long back, may be I was not even born then. I know it, because me and my aunt ( my chachi) are open enough and discuss such issues. Here it is -

When a girl is getting married, she has all those dreams of a new beginning, new life, she has her own perspective of a new future which she wishes to mold herself. A new family a husband, who would always be there for her and so on..

What if that very person plucks away and tramples your very dreams, you had nurtured for half of lifetime.

Anupama (imaginary name) had just completed her graduation and her family was already looking for prospective guys to get her engaged and married. One such proposal came forward, they were good family and the guy was an executive in a big firm. Anupama's family was joyous to get such a good match for their only daughter ( she was a single daughter in 2 generations). And the family was all ready for extravaganza, it had to be the best and big affair.

She got married. First few months were the happiest of her life. She got such great and nice people as a family and such warm-hearted and loving husband. what more does a girl wants ( in those days it mostly used to be like that ). Her life was going on a good scale and she was more than happy with it.

Hell broke out when her husband came back from an official tour, - "Anu, I want to talk to you." "Yes, tell me. What is it?"
"Anu, don't take me wrong. See, I am about to get my promotion in 2 weeks bu t there are some formalities."
"That's great news."
"Yeah. I know. I'll be out for a week. I want you to go over to My boss' place and spend a week with him."
No, she had not heard him correctly. What was he saying. He is not in his senses. No, this cant be true. "Anu, did you hear, what i said." She was shaken she could not believe her ears. She wanted to die this very moment. "How could you...how could you suggest such a thing...???///
"Dont you want me to succeed in life?"....
This went on for weeks. Harrased Anupama dint have a choice........



Two weeks later, her body was found lifeless, but untouched, by a stranger.

Comments

Solitaire said…
Oh my GOSH!! This happened for real in "those times"? What a jerk husband! What happened of him?
Anonymous said…
A harsh reality of todays life & the darkness behind all the glitz & shine of the corporate world today...nothing can be more in-humane than this....a tale of our so called modern world!
& Thanks very much for all the kind words in my blog & liking our culture so much. I'm overwhelmed to get a reader like you in my blog. Your writing is also very good....have a nice time!
иidhi S said…
@ solitaire

yup...i knw its hard to believe but yeah its very much true..

well i dunno much but as my aunt told me...she before committing suicide had given sm indications to her bhabhi....so after her death her bhabhi told everyone...they filed a suit...it became a big case...well i dunno wt happened...initially...
иidhi S said…
@ Kalyan

hey yeah wt can you say...people think they can just get away with anything...b@#$%@#$....

hey my pleasure...thnx so much.
Ravi Kapoor said…
I can't believe, her hubby was/is such an ass****!

My thoughts n feelings are with that girl...its very sad :(

May God Bless Her Soul...where ever she is..

Take care..
Anonymous said…
OMG!!
This happens only in books or novels!!
I can't believe this. At least the bhabhi and the family did take some actions but a life lost, you can't make up for that.

verr sad!
иidhi S said…
@ ravi..

yeah we can just pray for her soul.

@ veena

yeah bt nothing can make up for a lost life..
I was writing you to tell you that I finished a rough version of
The Invisible Picnic.

A trampled Flower reminded me I must make this a better world for my
Grand Daughter.

I'm trying to start a tradition in the USA where woman keep their last names and pass those names to their daughters.

Our culture in the United States has taken a giant step backwards in women rights because sex sells in the corporate world.
иidhi S said…
@ robert

well that's a great thought and steps need to be taken towrds these issues..

what the world is coming to these days is totally unimaginable..and this must not lead to something that wud be unstoppable.

well thats great you have kind of finished on your invisible picnic..i am looking forwrd to it.
:)

even i am trying my hand on writing and started a fanfiction - inspired by harry potter series.
if you are interested you can take a peek..through my profile

regards

nidhi
I'm a big Harry Potter fan and have read all the books but who hasn't.

I'll check out that blog.
Anonymous said…
I am amidst reading the chapters.. and then you start another blog?

ohh no!!
I have loads o reading to do :D

Then again you have been TAGGED. chk my blog sisterrr!!
иidhi S said…
heheheh lol...well i was trying to start a new blog but m havin problems with th html of template i wanna use..its displaying a permannet error...i have notified the designer of the template lets see...

hehehehh...yup lots of stuffs gonna cm ur way....:D

this tagging thing will eat me up...i will write n writ e but few read lol...
KP said…
:(......unfortunate and sad....she had to go thru that.....the husband should have bneen prosecuted........
иidhi S said…
kps.....

yeha they tried hard...bu i dunno wt happenend initially..
Pri said…
damn! this is scarier than the movies...
hope the guy rotted in jail...
иidhi S said…
yeah

thnx for dropin by...:)
I am always browsing online for ideas that can assist me.You made some good points there. I did a search on the topic and found most people will agree with your post.Thanks!
rent to own

Popular Posts